Monday, February 12, 2007

New Camera, New Yarn

I broke down and got a new camera, nothing fancy, because the camera phone pix quality, not so much. Now I can show you some recent acquisitions for the collection.

Claudia's Handpaint, sport weight superwash merino, 3 skeins 100g/225yds in the John B colorway from Y2Knit. The colors are wonderful autumn leaves colors with reds, olives, pinks, and golds. I figure three skeins will make a small shawl/stole. Lovely yarn with a nice tight twist.


Black Bunny Fibers, fingering weight superwash merino, one skein 4oz/400yds in the Peaceful colorway. Pale soft blue-aqua to dusty blue. Same base yarn as the Claudia's, will make great socks.


Valley Yarns Franklin from Webs, superwash 75% Wool/25% Nylon, 4oz/450yds upper skein in Midnight, lower in Spruce. The yarn is a lot like Lornas Shepherd Sock, very soft and smooth. The colors are hard to photograph and are richer in person but not quite as bright as on the website. I love the muted blue-green-greys.

Today Karen from Beadmarkers is sending me some stitch markers custom-made with smaller loops for my lace needles. I asked her to make them in grey tabby, black, and grey 'cause I miss my kitties at home.

What I cannot show you are the skeins of Cider Moon sock yarn in June Carter and Wildwood, as well as some Lime & Violet Deep Blue sock yarn that I had shipped home.

Have I mentioned that I buy hand-dyed sock yarn. A lot. You should too.