Thursday, February 1, 2007

Still Away!

My mother is nearly 80 and had BOTH knees replaced three and a half weeks ago. I’m staying with/taking care of her in Hagerstown, MD. Haven’t been home since January 8th. Expect to be here another week or so. I miss my husband, my kitties, my normal life.

I brought quite a few UFO’s with me, with hopes of taking some things home finished. I’ve worked on them a bit, and, oh, started a new sock. Forgot to bring the second ball of Lang JaWoll for the Amble sock, so it’s stalled. The Husband (Trekking) second sock is turning the heel. (I. Will. Never. Knit. Size 11. Socks. With. Trekking. Again.) Love the yarn, but it’s just too many stitches!

The Pi shawl in Cherry Tree Hill merino lace has 576 live stitches, and a border with a 12-row repeat. Yep, it’s going to take a while longer. I knit, ripped (too tight), and re-knit a Jaywalker leg in Lorna’s Sock. Very soft and it’s going so fast, I can see the appeal of this pattern. Just mindless enough.

Lucky for me, Y2Knit is literally right around the corner from Mom's. I've been to a couple of classes, and two Social Knit nights, and what a fun group of knitters! Lovely yarns in an historic house in Funkstown, and their own line of patterns. My LYS -away-from-home.

Yes, I’ve bought yarn since I’ve been here. It's an illness, I tell you.
Cider Moon Icicle superwash merino, in June Carter and Wildwood
Claudia’s Handpaint sportweight in John B, 3 skeins, lovely autumn leaves colors
Trekking, #103, pretty reds with blue and green
Zitron Avanti, sport/DK, 2 balls each of blues, grey/rust/black, and rainbow
Kraemer Jeannie 4 oz superwash merino/nylon undyed sock yarn
Black Bunny superwash merino sock, in Peaceful, lovely pale blue-greens


No, I can’t show you any of this until I get home, where my camera is. So, I'll leave you with a bit of home I have with me.













PS: The new Knitty feature article? Please refer to the above as additions to my Collection.