Thursday, March 15, 2007

Area 51

Today we turn our attention to UFO’s. Some people say they don’t believe in UFO’s.

They’re real. I have proof. The sensitive and project-monogamous among you really should look away now.
UFO's Before
Be sure to click for larger and see the notes on Flickr.

You know, that really wasn’t as bad as I was dreading it was going to be. Partly because I have already taken care of some projects that had been nagging me to death. I still need to felt the Fuzzy Feet, but I attached the hated Birches single sock to the ball winder a few minutes ago and I feel much better now. The Log Cabin Blanket lives at the Bay and is a long-term project. Some of these desperately needed to be abandoned, so here’s what it looked like a minute later.
UFO's After
Click for the notes on what stayed - some socks, a sweater, felted tote, a scarf, a wrap, one big mitered square.

On a serious note, I tell people when I got back into knitting – a few years ago, but I usually don’t tell them why. I got married late. I thought there was still time to get pregnant and have a child of my/our own (the Husband has four more or less grown). With some significant obstacles to overcome, we tried. Very Hard. During that time I started knitting the blanket as a positive-attitude thing. And I finished several baby sweaters. But, I couldn’t make a baby and the now unfinished blanket just makes me sad. I think it’s time for it to go.

Here’s something that is a bit troubling. The Queue Stash.
Queue Stash
Some of these have projects in mind, some were just collected. Notes attached.

There is still more stash to come. We haven’t gotten to cottons, Lamb’s Pride Bulky, and odd balls yet.

The office is looking better. All my bead stuff is in one tote and I can see a lot more of the floor.