Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Monkey Sock One - Done

Here's Monkey Sock One from Knitty finished last night. I "monkeyed" with the toe and knit it twice already. May still rip and re-knit to get it a wee tad longer. I have size 11 feet, and I can't stand things that are tight on my toes. I did give it a good soak and it softened up and, well I'm going to start number Two and decide later. I modified the pattern to use an eye of partridge heel and picked up an extra gusset stitch, otherwise, it's knit as written. I like Cookie's heel and it gives a nice snug fit on my narrow foot.

Monkey Sock One - Done

This is my first time using Claudia Hand Paint Yarns fingering weight. It would not be an understatement to say that I love this yarn. The base is Gems Pearl, which for me is just ideal to knit and wear. Nice and soft, just cushy enough, love the tight twist. Claudia's colors are very rich and saturated. I'm pleased to see that even with my canoes, I have enough leftover that I probably could have knitted another repeat or two on the leg. It's about 7 inches above the heel flap as it is.

Monkey Sock One - Leftovers

This colorway, Plumicious has a very vivid hot pink with a soft mauvey-purple and dark chocolatey brown. It really does look good enough to eat.