Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Not Feeling the Pomatomus Love

RIP Pomatomus
Pomatomus v1.01 RIP
Click for larger

Pomatomous Sock from Knitty, Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, Forest. Started 3/26/2007. Ripped 3/27/2007.

The more I knit, the more I didn't want to knit it. The pattern is really quite easy to read despite the complicated looking chart. Lorna's Laces is quite nice sock yarn. The two together were just not making me happy. I saw a Pomatomus knit in Lorna's at the Knitting Guild meeting in Gloucester, and it seemed tight and stiff. This combination of yarn and pattern just wasn't feeling good for me.

I will very likely try this pattern again with one of my softer, tight-twist yarns in stash. But for now, though I am out of competition, in relaxed fashion I have moved on to Sock Madness' Pattern Two, "Mad-Tini", with a slip-stitch spiral rib.