Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sock Yarn Stash of Epic Proportions

To those (Mary) who are concerned because they may have a shopping bag full of sock yarn I say:
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHaHAhAHahahahahahahahahahaha . . . cough.

Step One: Admit I am powerless over sock yarn and that my sock yarn has become unmanageable.
Sock Yarn Stash Before
A shopping bag. One single solitary bag. Chortle. Chuckle. Wry smile.

Step Two: Believe that Giant ZipLoc bags can restore me to Sanity.
Sock Yarn Stash Containment?

Step Three: FSM help me.
Sock Yarn Stash Exposed = 92 pairs worth
Lots of Sock Yarn. 92 pairs worth. Queen-size bed included for scale.
It may be worse than I thought, and I may have to leave it here until I can figure out how to organize it – by weight? by type? by color? I counted. It's 22.9 miles. Twenty Two point Nine.

Skip to Step Four: Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of sock yarn stash.
Note, I AM NOT linking to all of these. Let me know if you want to know where they came from.

Limbo Mexiko
Regia 6 fadig
Idena 6 fadig
Happy Trails sportweight from Wooly West
Fortissima Colori
Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sport
Cascade Fixation
Storytellers (Lime & Violet’s Violet) from Etsy
Zitron DK-ish
Moda Dea washable worsted weight

Lime & Violet squooshy merino
Claudia Hand Painted Yarn sportweight, John B
Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport, Black Purl
J-Knits
Regia Bamboo
Lion Brand Magic Stripes
Undyed Louet Gems Pearl, Kraemer Jeannie, Gems Opal, and unknown superwash merino

Ellen’s Half Pint merino/tencel from Stitches
Fleece Artist
Interlacements Tiny Toes
Schaefer Anne
Fearless Fibers, Autumn
Kid Hollow Farm mohair/merino/nylon
Sophie’s Toes from Etsy
Tess’ Designer Yarns from Stitches
GypsyKnits from Etsy
SavvyMinx from Etsy
Footpath from Wooly West
Brown Sheep Wildfoote
Trekking XXL
Shelridge Farm Soft Touch Heather

Socks That Rock, some Sock Club, some from Stitches
Claudia Hand Painted Yarn
Mountain Colors Bearfoot
Valley Yarns Franklin
Louet Gems Pearl
Koigu
Sundara Yarns
Regia Silk
Sophie’s Toes
KnitPicks Essential Solid

Socks That Rock
Cherry Tree Hill
Colinette Jitterbug
Spirit Trail Fiberworks
The Yarn Yard
Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock
Black Bunny Fibers from Etsy

Cider Moon

So, my new hobby, I’m learning how to MAKE yarn.

Important Note: I am making fun of myself, not of Twelve Step programs.

Up Next: Lace Yarn Stash of not epic but still significant proportions.