Friday, May 18, 2007

Lots of Things to Do

I’m taking care of a little business today.

First, Spinners go check out the first issue of the new free online spinning magazine/website Spindle and Wheel. There are articles, product reviews and tutorials, especially a fun one on spinning beaded yarn.


Big Birthday Sale at The Needle Lady on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday May 25, 26, and 27 (Memorial Day weekend). Check it out if you are in or near Charlottesville. Comment or email me and I’ll send you the details.

And now, I’ve been tagged for 7 Random Facts by Jean.

Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write on their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.

My 7 Random Facts:

1. I was trained as an Architect, but worked in construction management for 15 years. I’m expressing my creative urge these days with fiber pursuits rather than making buildings.

2. I have ice skated across the Potomac River.

3. I like to knit lace, but cables, not so much.

4. I have been known to shout out the answers while watching Jeopardy and seem to have larger than needed areas of my brain devoted to storing less than useful bits of information.

5. I will not knit with Lion Brand Homespun, never ever again.

6. I like to knit most things on circular needles.

7. I do not care for green peppers. Red, yellow and orange are fine. Green, meh.

And since I’ve always been bad at chain letters, worse at rules, and the knitbloggers I know I don’t know how they feel about memes, I’m tagging anyone reading this who wants to be tagged.


Knitting?
I’ve started my Sockapalooza 4 socks and have decided to get both socks going in tandem.

Springgrass Socks In Progress-1
Hmmm, another Project Spectrum contestant?

The yarn is Interlacements Tiny Toes in a very green colorway that matches my Sock Pal’s blog, and the pattern is adapted from Craftoholic’s sock pattern. Taking a cue from photos on the pal’s blog, I wanted to make sure the leg and cuff wouldn’t be too tight so started on US1’s and am switching to my usual US0’s at the ankle. I also wanted a full 64 stitch sock so added a couple of stitches to the chart and made them twisted ribs down the sides.

The Tiny Toes appears to have my old friend Louet Pearl as a base and is great to knit. The pattern is quite easy, if I would just stop forgetting my YO’s at the middle of the row.