Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Vote Early, Vote Often

Sockapalooza 4 Socks Done!
But, I need your help.

Sockapalooza 4 Socks Done!
Go ahead and click for big if you wish

Same color, same dyelot. Hunnhh?!?

Please comment and tell me if these have gone beyond fraternal twin socks to mix-up-at-the-hospital-switched-at-birth socks. I like 'em. I'd wear 'em. But this is my first swap and, well, what would you think if someone sent you this pair of socks?


Details:
Yarn: Interlacements Tiny Toes, color 402, lot 29006 (yes, both of them)

Needles: Two circs, Addi US1 for cuff and leg, US0 for heel and foot

Pattern: Adapted from Springgrass Socks to be knit top-down, with 64 stitches, adding twisted stitches at the sides, and eye-or-partridge flap heel.

Completed: June 18, 2007

Finished Size: Women's US8

Notes: To avoid the gauge issues that usually plague my socks I knit these in tandem on two sets of two circs. Yes, I have Lots of Needles too.

The pattern is pretty, and works up quickly. I would knit these again as toe-up for myself to get every bit of length in the leg. These have a nice long 9" leg, but I knew I was only knitting for a size 8 foot!

The Interlacements Tiny Toes appears to be our old friend Louet fingering weight for a base yarn. So, it's soft, tightly twisted, springy, and squooshy - my favorite kind of sock yarn to work with. The colors are deep, intense greens and are equally gorgeous, even if very different in the two skeins.

The polls are now open!