Saturday, August 11, 2007

Thank you Sock Pal !!

sockpalsocks-1

They're here! My fabulous Sockapalooza 4 socks! This was my first swap, and was it ever worth it! All the way from Alberta, Jen of the After Eight blog, has really outdone herself.

First the yarn is Seacoast Handpainted Supersock in the Truffles colorway. Seriously, go check out the colorways. There's no way to get these colors right in a photo though - fuschia, milk chocolate, and lavender. Wow, and, So Soft!

sockpalsocks-2

The yarn looks wonderful in Shannon's Flutter-by Socks pattern. I love slip stitches with variegated yarns. And there's an eye-of-partridge heel, my favorite!

sockpalsocks-3

Best of all, they FIT! They are long enough! I wear a size 11, and I apologize profusely for the extra knitting this entailed.

Now, Jen had some moments of doubt, tried a couple of patterns before settling on the final one, and wanted to be sure the socks wouldn't be too snug. I couldn't resist, I tried them on. They were too tight, but the finished socks are perfect. And the leftover yarn looks like enough for some wristies.

sockpalsocks-5

But wait, there's more. Cadbury's chocolate, Yum! Always a treat and hard to find in the US. And a cute Canada's Rocky Mountains calendar, which I plan to leave open on the January page with its view of snow and evergreens that is already making my office seem cooler.

Jen, Thanks again!