Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Why I Haven't Had Time To Knit

The boys (though how much longer we can continue to call them boys is up in the air, see below), and my sister have left for Seattle, their home.

boys2007 at New Point
The "boys" at New Point, Mathews County, VA

Their brother was busy visiting another grandpa, and couldn't make it this year. But we always enjoy the time we get to spend with them. It's been so hot, and quite an adjustment for those accustomed to the mild Northwest clime.

bear in bikini
Hot enough for ya? Yes, the bear has a snorkel.

Early August isn't the optimal time to visit Virginia. But, we got everyone together, in shifts to help celebrate my Mom's birthday. I think it's worth celebrating that I got her a golf club (a Calloway 5 Hybrid) for her birthday, and we had a round of golf! And it was her 80th!

boys2007-mom golf-1
Trying to get everyone with eyes open and mouths closed, harder than it seems

boys2007-mom golf-2
Oh. Mah. Gawd. That's a lot of teeth!

I knit my Charade sock on the way home. Does that count?