Monday, September 17, 2007

It's still Summer in Florida

Myakka River State Park
Myakka River State Park, near Sarasota, FL Spring 2006

We're off bright and early to Sarasota for a few days to visit my Dad. My Dad with dial-up. So, no posts, and not much blog-surfing for me unless we find time to grab some free Wi-Fi at Panera.

I spent a total of six weeks in Sarasota last Spring taking care of Dad before and after a hospital stay. Got to know the city a little, and it will be interesting to be back. And hot. It's still very Summery there, while we've had a lovely cool-down here for the past few days. And there's a new yarn shop that opened just a few weeks after I left. So, there might be some yarn shopping.

When I get back, you'll get my review of needles for lace knitting. Addi Lace, KnitPicks Options, Aero, Inox, Jenkins Woodworking Rosewood, and today's arrival KnitPicks Harmony Birch.

Hope everyone has a great week!