Monday, February 11, 2008

At least it's warmer than Siberia

I'm off to Sarasota tomorrow to assist my Dad through a second carotid artery surgery. I've got lots of little knitting projects packed, a three hour layover in Charlotte that should mean some progress on my swap mitts, and I know where all the yarn shops are.

But, and you knew there was a but coming, Dad has dial-up. So, my internet access will be limited for the next ten days unless he feels up to my escaping to the free wi-fi at Panera Bread.

So, since I don't expect to update for WIP Wednesday, I'll leave you with a few snips of progress.

My swap pal's mitts, in B&W to protect the innocent. You can see the first mitt on the right that was abandoned for a too tight cuff. The new cuffs are much more comfortable.

Swap Mitts - The Three Cuffs
Just right! At last

And a sock that I've be
en knitting for, I don't know, three days and this is where I am. I've started three different stitch patterns, in two needle sizes and finally know what I want to do. But, I'd frogged a row too far, and the stitch count was off, and well, you get the idea.

Wyvern Socks - toe
The STR lightweight in Mustang Sally is really pretty though!

The very beginning of a mini-size Leaf Lace Shawl as a sample swatch for Lace Class.

Leaf Lace Sample begun
Periwinkle is my favorite color

And, for Project Spectrum, Madeline Tosh merino handspun in Ring of Fire. I'm giving the Harlot's One Row Scarf a try. Easy peasy.

One Row Scarf
And bright!

I'll try to check in when I can.
Happy Knitting and Spinning!