Wednesday, February 20, 2008

WIP Wednesday: Tropical Flora Edition - February 20, 2008

Well, I've found some wireless internets and thought I'd bring you a quick knitting update today. Dad has his follow-up with the surgeon today, should be cleared to drive, and I'm scheduled to fly home into ice, snow, and sleet on Friday. Yeah, I know, wah.

What I've got for you are some almost FO's. I want to do a better write-up on the swap mitts when I get home and after I've mailed out the package. I plan to re-knit the mitts for myself with some revisions, and hopefully put that up as a free pattern in a little bit.

WIP’s in Active Rotation:

Swap Mittens: No More Humdrum Mittens Swap 2
Status: Knitting is Done! Just need to block them, and assemble a package to send out when I get home.
Mitten Swap Mitts - Done but unblocked
Details: Fingerless mitts, Louet Gems Pearl, corrugated rib cuff, cabled back of the hand, thumb gusset.
Goal: Block to smooth out the cable section a bit.


Learn to Knit Lace:
Lace Classes will be on Tuesday February 26 and March 11 at The Needle Lady.
Status: I've finished knitting an abbreviated mini-shawl in fingering weight as a swatch of the techniques and lace pattern.
Leaf Lace Shawl Sample
Goal: Need to block when I get home, and finish writing up class notes.


Wyvern Socks:
A free pattern by Marnie Maclean, I've knit my own toe using Magic Cast-on and increases rather than short rows, and am only a couple of repeats into it. It's pretty in the slightly variegated STR Mustang Sally (which I have to say has help up to repeated frogging very well). I'm also going to use a flap heel rather than short rows again.
Status: Sock #1 Toe plus two repeats.
Wyvern Sock - Toe still
Goal: Travel knitting for the trip home, hope to get past the heel.


One-Row Scarf in Ring of Fire Handspun Merino:
This is from a Yarn Harlot blog post, and works very well with some nubby, irregular, highly variegated handspun. I've just been knitting on this in little bits here and there, and it may go on the plane with me too.
Status: 8.5 inches
One Row Scarf
Goal: Knit some more.


Startitis Alert:
When I get home, I really want to get back to the spinning wheel. And finish the Bird in Hand mittens. And pull the gansey cardi back into active rotation. See how good I'm being!