Thursday, April 17, 2008

WIP Wednesday, on Thursday – Soggy in Seattle

Hello from Seattle! I’m staying with my three nephews until the end of the month, and I’m now officially a Soccer Aunt! I don’t know how many miles I’ve already put on the station wagon (seriously, a Volvo station wagon!), but it’s a lot. And yes, it’s been raining.

Now, I’ve been to Seattle several times before, and I do know it doesn’t rain ALL the time. But, so far it has been cold and rainy. It’s such a pretty place though. I hardly mind the overcast and showers when the up-side is the abundance of flowers and beautiful green everywhere. There are camellias here the size of trees! Tulips everywhere, daffodils, just missed the cherry trees, but some azaleas are already out. Lovely!

The Sun has just peeked out, and I’m going to write up this post then take a walk.


Yay! An FO, the Secret Project:
Except for sewing on the cute buttons found at Weaving Works yesterday, I’m Done! But, it’s a secret. While we were there, I taught Boy #2 to spin. And because I’m a ditz, I didn’t have my camera along.


WIP’s in Active Rotation:

Charade Socks:
Charade Sock #1 is done, Sock #2 toe is begun. Heel details in my last post.

STR Charade Sock One Done

Goal: Knit past the heel while waiting for the Boys. Which should give me plenty of knitting time!


Scoop du Jour:
New on the WIP list this week is Bonne Marie Burns’ pattern for a simply styled aran-weight cardigan with deep ribs at the sleeves and hem. I’ve just cast on a sleeve so far, in Mountain Colors 4/8’s wool, in the Lupine colorway which has pretty shades of deep blue, purple, lilac, and mossy green. Though I’m not quite on gauge, I’ll knit a size up and work out the length as I go.

Scoop du Jour - first cuff

The 4/8’s is easy to knit, soft but with a good body that holds it’s shape well. I want this to be a nice sturdy knock-around sweater and so far, it’s looking promising.

Goal: See if I can knit a sleeve this week.


Bird in Hand Mittens:
Poor neglected BiH! I brought them with me and will work on Mitten #2 as a break from the sock and sweater.


Startitis Alert:
Low, since I just started the Scoop last night.