Sunday, December 6, 2009

Excuses, Excuses

herbivore 006

Herbivore

I've been gone for a while. Got busy, lost my blog momentum, then when things were settling down, Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer, stage 4 non-small cell. There were five rounds of chemo (that's a lot when you are 82yo,) and followup with a drug so expensive we've had to get grants to pay for it. She's doing pretty well at the moment, all things considered. She goes to the gym more than I do, lives independently (thank heavens we moved her to Cville last year before all this happened,) and has gotten involved in local activities. But me, I haven't strung too many coherent thoughts together in the past nine months. So blogging, not so much. I'm on Ravelry as lotsofyarn, and you can keep up with me there while I'm in the blog doldrums, and I'll turn up here occasionally.

Now that the 'splaining is out of the way, I do have one new post coming up about a new project, but it's not knitting!