Thursday, January 28, 2010

Three years ago today....

It's almost bedtime and I just realized that three years ago today I started this blog. I was taking care of my Mom for six weeks after double knee replacement, staying at her house up in Maryland, it was freezing cold and snowy outside, and I was bored. I was knitting a lot at the time, working at a LYS, and stashing lots of yarn.


Now, I'm taking care of her again. She'll probably be staying at my house soon, for a while before going to the Hospice House. I'm not stashing much yarn these days, mostly spinning fiber that needs to be spun up, and antique spinning wheels. While I cannot do much to change how things are, I did knit her some warm socks of cheerful Koigu.

MomSocks 002
Ampersand Socks, but toe-up

And I am just into the lace section of a very fuzzy kid mo Ishbel as a sort of a prayer shawl.

Fuzzy Ishbel 001

Sometimes some fiber therapy helps.